Toenail fungus infection is one of the most embarrassing infections we have. In as much as many people think there is nothing to be embarrassed about, many people will never remove their pair of socks in public or wear open shoes because of this infection. In an attempt to remedy the situation, many people have used a lot of products to come up with home remedies. One of such products is bleach.
Bleach is a cleaning agent that has very powerful antifungal properties as well as bleaching power. This product is ranked as one of the agents that can successfully kill all the fungus spores on your kitchen floor giving you a healthy kitchen.
Knowing that bleach does kill fungus spores, people attempted to use it to treat toenail fungus infections, and they found that it does. As a house cleaning product, people have put it to test, and while others enjoyed the product’s success, others did not and instead they got adverse reactions. The use of bleach to treat toenail fungus infection is not FDA approved, but the product is approved for home cleaning.
Bleach is one of the products that is made for a specific purpose but ends up being used for another purpose just as effectively. Many homes have discovered the trick of using bleach. To effectively use this product, follow the following steps.
Make a solution using the bleach and water. Use three cupfuls of bleach with a bucket full of water. When the solution is ready, soak your feet in it for about 10 minutes. Do this once or twice in a day for a few weeks until you see a notable change. After the toenail infection appears to have cleared, continue for a few more weeks to ensure complete elimination.
For this solution to work effectively, you have to use it with consistency and under the given instructions. Other than clearing the fungus spores, the bleach will also restore your natural nail color. It works effectively to eliminate the discoloration giving you healthy looking toenails. An added advantage will be that it has a bleaching power. Even so, be careful.
Bleach is a very powerful agent. It is very concentrated and can cause more harm than good to your feet. That is why in using it, you are required to dilute it thoroughly with water. Never, at any given point, be tempted to use concentrated bleach. It will eat away at your toenail and wound you because it is corrosive.
Your nail is infected, and the concentrated bleach will only do more harm. If you can, only soak your toenails and not the entire foot. This will minimize the effects it may have on your skin. In case you get a burning sensation, irritation, redness, and itchiness discontinue use. If the reaction is extreme seek a doctor’s help.
Treating toenail fungus infection may be challenging. Be realistic about your expectations. If you do not have sensitive skin, you will have a good experience. If not, avoid this product. Even if the product works, it is not the safest and not the most effective. Therefore, if you can, buy better products like ZetaClear.
Dr. Soumya Podduturi is an Aesthetic Dermatologist, Dermatologist, Dermatosurgeon, Trichologist, Pediatric Dermatologist, Cosmetologist with 8 Years Experience